Monday 16 September 2013

Two Years On - Phuket, Thailand - 16 Sept 2013

Well that was a quick two years. I always doubted whether I'd be committed enough to blog regularly but even by my low standards of dedication to any project this is poor stuff.

So much has changed. I made the move.  Within six weeks I found myself employed as an English teacher in a plucky little enrichment centre.  Much has changed there in 18 months but I'm still there and still liking it.

R and I are in the early stages of buying a flat and are getting married next June. Yes, I've long a long way since my last post. I have a lot of ground to cover to fill my readers in.  The logical move is to begin with the present and plug any gaps that matter as they come to me over time.  So: where are we right now?


Antanara Villas, Phuket, Thailand. A (too) short break, latest in our string of mini-holidays. It's fairly luxurious with private pool, ever-smiling staff and abundant turtle motifs. Even the skinks are friendly. It's also some distance (and expensive cab ride) from Phuket's action hot spots but it does have a skinny strip of west-facing beach. The sunset is predictably resplendent.


I have mildly burnt shoulders from a marvellous island-hopping tour yesterday.  We
have a massage booked in an hour or so.  A freebie - all it took was giving up two hours
 of our life to a timeshare pitch.  I love it here but next time may push for somewhere a little closer to affordable eating.  The buffet breakfast is to die for and could probably hold me until evening but I'm on holiday dammit and I want to eat three meals a day.  We found the only apparent street food in the vicinity just now.  It looked like this

We THINK it was chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment